Sunday, August 21, 2011

Number 49


Number 49: Eat at the Oasis on Lake Travis in Austin, TX

When I made this list I was unsure of what to add to it. I started looking at things family members had done and I came across this particular restaurant. The view was raved upon by so many uncles and cousins. So yesterday, when visiting Priya and Leo in Austin, we went and ate at the Oasis. Rakesh and Rajeev tainted the experience with looking up the reviews but overall it was a good time spend with family. Priya had the run of the place which was of course acceptable because she's so darn cute. I had myself a yummy margarita and we enjoyed the view. We got there a little early but it ended up working out in our favor because when it was time to go the line was out the door and around the corner. People really love the atmosphere: the lake, live music and good drinks. After dinner, we drove down to the lake and played in the water for a bit. According to our waiter, due to the drought, the water level was 35 feet below normal! Here's some photos from the evening. I can't wait to scrapbook these memories. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment