Monday, October 15, 2012

Number 59. Watch a sunrise with Rakesh.

101 LIST

Number 59 on my 101 list - Watch a sunrise with Rakesh. I must admit I think that when I originally made this 101 list I believe I was much more romantic about my goals. I dreamt I could take as many vacations as I wanted in just 3 years time. I dreamt I had an unlimited supply of cash. I dreamt that I was not who I actually am. Case in point - this goal. Let me explain.

I am not nor have I ever ever EVER been a morning person. I was even BORN in the afternoon because I'm SO not a morning person. Does that make it more clear?

Why on Gods green Earth, would I make a goal of seeing the sunrise?? And on top of that... with Rakesh?? I'm a grouchy person in the morning and the last thing I want to do is be with Mr Morning Person, Rakesh. Who- for some reason- LOVES to ask me a thousand questions before I've even brushed my teeth. I blame this partially on his mother who spoiled him rotten with attention when he was a child. That's right Lauren - its your fault! lol





Anyways, back to my point for this post. I actually did finally see that sunrise with Rakesh this Summer while we were on our cruise. I was super anxious to see land after three days at sea. Rakesh was anxious to get off the boat after being really sea sick for two days straight. So we actually managed to watch the sunrise as we approached the coast of Guatemala. It was nice but it was not as romantic as I thought it would have been. It was really humid and drinking hot tea on the top deck out in the humidity was not the brightest ideas I've ever had. But we did it! We watched the sunrise together. And I did it without biting his head off. :-) So check one more thing off that 101 list, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment