Friday, December 20, 2013

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...

If you know me personally, you'd know I'm an extremely logical person. I don't exactly err to my emotional side on the regular. But lately, I've been feeling really lost. I'm 28. I have financial goals, a decent career, and someone I know I can count on until the end of my days. But I find myself debating what I want to do next. As I told a friend recently, I went to college to open some doors to new opportunities. But now that I'm older and wiser to the truth that you really truly can do anything; I struggle with the idea that there are so many options/doors, I don't know which one to walk through.

I don't want to be in debt anymore and that's really important to me. I want to finally marry the man that loves me seemingly unconditionally; since nothing I've said has chased him off yet. I want to eventually give that man the children he's always wanted. I want to help my family and I want to see the world.

I do well enough to pick a few of these items but not all of them. How do people do it? How do they make a decision about the direction of their lives?

In my experience, your life is what you make of it. I've never been the type of person to believe that anything is out of anyone's reach so long as they wanted it bad enough to work hard for it - at least that's what my parents stressed to my siblings and I when we were kids (Like no joke - to the point that we could recite their speech once they started in on it).

So it leads me to question, why would I doubt any decision I make? Because surely if I can do anything and everything through Him who gives me strength, isn't any decision I make the right one?

Right?

........Riiiiiiight? ha ha.

No seriously- right?

Any who- I came across an article that I found to be inspirational and a bit insightful, with tips and opinions on marriage and life. I thought I'd share to inspire you too:  http://www.slate.com/blogs/quora/2013/10/09/relationships_great_tips_for_staying_married.html


No comments:

Post a Comment